[yocto] clarification about BSP layer names and bblayers.conf file?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Mon Apr 22 04:27:42 PDT 2013

On Sat, 20 Apr 2013, Tom Zanussi wrote:

> On Sat, 2013-04-20 at 05:35 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> >   i was just looking for an example of the kind of hierarchical
> > layer structure you find in meta-intel. is there another layer
> > that has that kind of structure?
> >

> A quick scan of all the layers I have opengrokked here doesn't show
> any either, so possibly meta-intel is currently the only example.
> If so, let's use it..

  as a recap, for the purposes of my oe/yocto course, i was after a
range of BSP definitions from simplest to most complex. at one end,
the example i picked on as a layer that defined a single variation of
a single board was raspberry-pi.

  from there, i can demonstrate examples of, say, a layer that defines
more than one variant of a single machine (say, meta-intel's
meta-crownbay), then a layer that defines a number of independent
machines (say, meta-yocto-bsp), up to the hierarchical structure of
meta-intel, and any other interesting variations i run across in
between.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca