[yocto] gnupg vs gpgme

Hans Beckérus hans.beckerus at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 00:58:48 PDT 2013

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 9:47 AM, Anders Darander <anders at chargestorm.se> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> "Hans Beckérus" <hans.beckerus at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Hello. I wish to bring in gnupg to our system but from what I can tell
>>gnupg is not part of Yocto nor OpenEmbedded. However, gpgme is. Is
>>gpgme to consider a complete replacement for gnupg? I have no need for
>>any gpg application libraries, but need the ability to sign and
>>perhaps encrypt/decrypt information. Is an option here to bring in
>>gnupg 1.4.13 myself or is this not something you should recommend?
>
> Well there are recipes for gnupg versions 1.4.7 and 2.0.19 in OE-Core, and this in Yocto. See meta/recipes-support.

Ah. Yes, now I see it. I think my mistake was that I searched for gpg
not gnupg :( My bad.
Is there anything that should make me consider 1.4.7 before 2.x? I am
looking for something as lean as possible since there are very limited
resources on the target system. Also, 1.4.13 seems to be considered
current stable. I guess OE is lagging behind somewhat on this package?

Hans