[yocto] [meta-xilinx] PREFERRED_VERSION_linux-libc-headers = "3.6" getting ignored

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Fri Apr 19 01:25:24 PDT 2013

On Friday 19 April 2013 11:44:49 Elvis Dowson wrote:
>        In my zynq-7-default-versions.inc file, I have the following
> definitions for preferred versions
>
> PREFERRED_VERSION_virtual/kernel ?= "3.6"
> PREFERRED_VERSION_linux-libc-headers = "3.6"
> PREFERRED_VERSION_u-boot = "2012.10"
>
> However, when I build core-image-minimal,
> PREFERRED_VERSION_linux-libc-headers = "3.6" gets ignored and it goes ahead
> and builds linux-libc-headers_3.8.bb
>
> Is it only effective if specified in the local.conf file?

No, it should be effective anywhere - unless it's being overridden later on. In
recent versions of bitbake, the -e option will show for each variable how the
final value got set, you should be able to see where it is being overridden
from there. Alternatively with older versions you should just be able to "git
grep" for the value in each of the layers you have enabled in order to find
where it is being set.

Are you sure you really need your own version of linux-libc-headers? Most of
the time it is not necessary for the version to match that of the kernel you
are using.

Cheers,
Paul

--