[yocto] runqemu: Could not initialize SDL(No available video device) - exiting

Rudolf Streif rstreif at linuxfoundation.org
Thu Apr 18 20:34:37 PDT 2013

> Should YP be trying to build its own copy of libSDL (with the -devel)
> if it finds some part of libSDL (i.e. the header files) is missing
> from the host? This is almost like a "host contamination" issue, no?

You are raising an interesting point to which I have no answer. YP has a
recipe to build libsdl and it specifies BBCLASSEXTEND = "nativesdk" only,
not BBCLASSEXTEND = "native nativesdk" as one would expect if were to build
it for Qemu.

The qemu.inc recipe also does not list libsdl in DEPENDS_class-native but
it does so in DEPENDS_class-nativesdk and in DEPENDS. I cannot tell you why
that is but it may be worthwhile trying to add libsdl to
DEPENDS_class-native of qemu.inc and native to BBCLASSEXTEND in
libsdl_1.2.15.bb.

I wonder if bitbake qemu-nativesdk would build even if you don't have
libsdl installed on your host.

Rudi