[yocto] 1.4_M6.rc2

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Thu Apr 18 00:35:03 PDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-04-17 at 13:14 -0700, Flanagan, Elizabeth wrote:
> We're delayed slightly for the 1.4_M6.rc2 build. The build should be
> soonish, once RP gives me the thumbs up. Please adjust your schedules
> accordingly, we're hoping to get this started in a few hours.

We do have a 1.6_M6.rc2 candidate build which is revision
87eb70243749e0e2431f98770746fa42002f4441 (dylan branch).

I suggest we start testing this with particular focus and prioritisation
on the systemd and sysvinit testing due to the changes that have gone in
last minute.

If any problems are discovered, please flag them ASAP as the plan would
be to abort this rc and rebuild if any issues in those areas are
discovered.

I should stress that DISTRO_FEATURES should not be changed in existing
build directories (reusing sstate is fine). Several of the init issues
we've see have been tracked down to this. Its never been supported
although is probably something we'll improve in 1.5 since it catches so
many people out. This note needs to be in the release notes as well.

Cheers,

Richard