[yocto] Disable stripping of binaries in do_package phase, is it possible?

Hans Beckérus hans.beckerus at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 08:31:59 PDT 2013

I have a package for which some parts of it consist of pre-built
binaries, already stripped. When building I get lots of warning about
strip failing because the file(s) are already stripped.
Is there some simple way to turn off stripping during this phase?
I tried to disable do_package using the [noexec] attribute but that is
the wrong approach surely since it causes the rootfs build to fail
since the .rpm is not compiled properly ;)

Hans