[yocto] use different versions of autoconf and automake in parallel for different packages

Michael Fainstein Michael.Fainstein at ecitele.com
Wed Apr 17 03:01:45 PDT 2013

I have a lot of source packages from CentOS-5. They all use autoconf 2.59 and automake 1.9.6.
Autotools in Yocto are much newer: autoconf 2.63 and automake 1.11.1.
CentOS-5 packages fail to auto-configure with newer autotools.

Can I install and use in parallel several versions of autoconf and automake native tools? I found a guide for doing it at http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/downloads/files/autotools-multiversion.txt and implemented it. However, install of one version replaces (completely removes) other version, so I can use only one version for my build, and that's not what I want: all Yocto native tools should use newer autotools version and my packages should use older autotools version.

Any suggestions for implementing this?

Thanks,
Michael

This e-mail message is intended for the recipient only and contains information which is CONFIDENTIAL and which may be proprietary to ECI Telecom. If you have received this transmission in error, please inform us by e-mail, phone or fax, and then delete the original and all copies thereof.