[yocto] Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).

Liu, Song song.liu at intel.com
Tue Apr 16 15:27:15 PDT 2013

Attendees:
Saul, Beth, ScottR, BjörnS, KevinS, TomZ, Corneliu, JeffP, Belen, RichardP, RossB, PaulE, Nitin, SeanH, Bruce, Darren, Song

Agenda:

* Opens collection - 5 min (Song)
* Yocto 1.3.1 Release - Ross.
  - The release is out. Building out 1.3.2. Hopefully won't take as long as 1.3.1
  - This is the first release with new AB infrastructure. We did comparison between 1.3.1 and 1.3, less than 0.1% difference.
  - Big thanks to Ross, Beth and everyone who contributed to this release. Congratulations to the team.
* Yocto 1.4 status - 10 min (Song/team)
  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.4_Status
  - 1.4 RC1 is out for testing. There are a few fixes that need to be in RC2. So this week we will generate RC2 and run full pass on RC2.
  - a whole lot of patches went in, not happy, but no choice. Performance degradation found and fixed. Showed the value of the performance testing. A few bugs recently opened. Worry me (RP) a little bit, seems like we are still finding issues.
  - 1.4 release looking good. Saul seems to have introduced an issue with busybox, Saul will look into it today.
  - Patches not going in in the next few hours probably won't make the release. ScottR: does the deadline apply for docs? No.
  - Big thanks to the QA team, all 1.4 merged features have been verified.
  - Bug fixing: 80 bugs resolved last week. Record for the release. Now the total # of open bugs stands at around 270. looking good for the release.
  - RP has been closing bugs. Cleanup. Low hanging fruits. Encourage others to do the same.
  - Let's keep our focus on 1.4 release. Keep our fingers crossed before we get 1.4 out of the door.

* SWAT team rotation: Saul would like to stay on for this week
* Opens - 10 min
  - Web HOB (Belen): The plan is to do something for 1.5. probably starting from build and analysis. Some features are already in Bugzilla. If you are interested in help in anyway, any feedback, please get in touch with the mailing list, getting touch with Belen. (https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Web_Hob_design_project_with_T%26T & http://www.yoctoproject.org/webhob/phase3_final_web_prototype/dashboard.html)
* Team Sharing - 20 min