[yocto] Config fragment not being picked up

Saridakis, Dean (US SSA) dean.saridakis at baesystems.com
Mon Apr 15 10:36:44 PDT 2013

> >> oldconfig on defconfig...?

> >> fragment files.
> >>
> >> Fragments are processed later in the build procedure. Assuming this
> >> is a linux-yocto based bbappend, they'll be added in the
> >> kernel_configme task, and will modify the base BSP configuration.
> >>
> >> That doesn't mean that all the settings will make it to the final
> >> .config, since normal LKC processing and missing dependencies would
> >> drop invalid/incorrect settings.
> >
> > The SDK .bb inherits directly from kernel & doesn't use linux-yocto.bb. So
> listtask doesn't show configme.
> > I see an addtask for it in linux-yocto.inc, but am guessing that trying to
> shoehorn that in on top of the SDK (in my append file) is probably more
> trouble than it's worth.
> > Guess I'm better off trying to figure out how to patch the defconfig?
>
> The ability to use fragments requires that you at least use the linux-yocto
> bbclass, it will work with non linux-yocto recipes, but you need to follow the
> example in meta-skeleton/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto-custom.bb
>
> The 1.2 vintage fragments aren't as feature rich as 1.3 and 1.4, but they
> should work to add simple fragment modifications.
>
> I hate to see anyone hacking a defconfig unless nothing else works :)

Thanks for all the help. The skeleton example isn't in 1.2. Based on 1.3 I tried adding

	require recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto.inc

to my append, but ran into other errors (looks like it adds 5 tasks including kernel_configme). Did a brute-force override of do_kernel_checkout() to get around my 1st error, but then do_patch() failed, so think I'm going to punt & hack defconfig.
Thanks again for all the help.