[yocto] Arguement list too big error in bitbake meta-toolchain for MIPS architechture-Gentle Reminder

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Mon Apr 15 04:27:23 PDT 2013

On Mon, 15 Apr 2013, Krishna Dwivedi wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to build recipe meta-toolchain for MIPS architecture but
> running into errors. Can anyone please let me know, if I am missing
> anything here or what could be root cause of this and how can I fix
> it. I have followed these steps:
>
> 1)In  WORKDIR/build/conf/local.conf-I selected MACHINE ?= "qemumips" for mips architechture.
>
> 2)source oe-init-build-env.

> 3)bitbake meta-toolchain.
>
> In third step,I am running into these errors:
>
> NOTE: recipe nativesdk-gettext-0.18.2-r0: task do_configure: Started
>
> ERROR: Error executing a python function in
> /home/netlogic/yocto/poky/meta/recipes-core/eglibc/eglibc-locale_2.17.bb:
>
> CalledProcessError: Command 'cp -al/home/netlogic/yocto/poky/build/tmp/work/mips32-poky-linux/eglibc-locale/2.17-r0/packages-sp
> lit/*/home/netlogic/yocto/poky/build/tmp/work/mips32-poky-linux/eglibc-locale/2.17-r0/sstate-buil
> d-package//packages-split' returned non-zero exit status 126 with output /bin/sh: /bin/cp:
> Argument list too long

... snip ...

  i just did the above on my ubuntu system -- qemumips and "bitbake
meta-toolchain" -- and i can see that step running right now among 4
running tasks:

0: nativesdk-gettext-0.18.2-r0 do_configure (pid 6695)

  man, sure seems to be taking a while, while other tasks complete and
are replaced by new tasks.  oh, wait, it just completed, replaced by:

2: nativesdk-gettext-0.18.2-r0 do_compile (pid 12727)

so the configure step seems to have succeeded. in other words, works
for me. and:

$ ls -l /bin/sh
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 May 22  2012 /bin/sh -> bash
$

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca