[yocto] How to archive source for a single package

Mats Liljegren mats.liljegren at enea.com
Fri Apr 12 06:58:01 PDT 2013

I need to archive source for virtual/kernel when building. This is needed
for other builds that uses the bitbake build result.

I saw that there is archive-patched-source class, which seems to do what I
want plus a lot more. The problem with it is that it seems to be intended
for other use case than mine, which means that it does a lot more work than
I need.

Is there a way to either tame archive-patched-source to only be applicable
for virtual/kernel, or is there other ways of accomplishing what I want?

Regards
  Mats