[yocto] Config fragment not being picked up

Saridakis, Dean (US SSA) dean.saridakis at baesystems.com
Thu Apr 11 14:05:37 PDT 2013

Think I've followed the example in the manual correctly. My append file is pretty simple:

FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/${PN}"
SRC_URI += "file://can.cfg"

I'm doing this in a layer on top of a yocto-based SDK.  Don't think it should matter, but the underlying kernel recipe has:

do_configure_prepend() {
                # copy desired defconfig so we pick it up for the real kernel_do_configure
                cp ${KERNEL_DEFCONFIG} ${B}/.config
}

Wasn't able to make much sense of the log: lots of "DEBUG: Removing manifest ..." and then some kcfonig output?
Any advice/suggestions?

Thanks,

Dean