[yocto] how to use native executable from one recipe during install in another recipe

Michael Fainstein Michael.Fainstein at ecitele.com
Thu Apr 11 04:58:50 PDT 2013

I have one recipe that inherits "native", builds native executable and installs it in tmp/work/x86_64-linux/foo-native-1.00-r0/image/sbin/foo
Another recipe depends on first one and needs to execute foo in its do_install in order to install files in tmp/work/ppce500v2-fsl-linux-gnuspe/foo-1.00-r0/image/etc/

I can't find a way to do it. Any suggestions? How can I install foo in first recipe to some common location that 2nd recipe can use? Is there such standard location?

I am using Freescale's SDK 1.3 based on Yocto 1.2.1

Thanks,
Michael

This e-mail message is intended for the recipient only and contains information which is CONFIDENTIAL and which may be proprietary to ECI Telecom. If you have received this transmission in error, please inform us by e-mail, phone or fax, and then delete the original and all copies thereof.