[yocto] 1.4_M6.rc1 started

Trevor Woerner twoerner at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 19:34:20 PDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 6:48 PM, Flanagan, Elizabeth
<elizabeth.flanagan at intel.com> wrote:
> Our first release candidate for dylan has been started.
>
> Repo               Branch      Hash
> poky                dylan         adb63ca02348af72a30cef2f20de2234b74a7200

I did a little bit of my own ad-hoc testing and wanted to share my
results. Maybe others could give it a try and see if they come up with
the same?

Checking out the dylan branch of poky I just wanted to perform a
simple "bitbake console-image-minimal" for each of the supported qemu
targets, run the resulting image under qemu, log in as root, and run
"uname -a".

Here are my results:

qemux86
        bitbake core-image-minimal
                - okay
        runqemu qemux86
                - okay

qemuarm
        bitbake core-image-minimal
                - okay
        runqemu qemuarm
                - segfault

qemumips
        bitbake core-image-minimal
                - okay
        runqemu qemumips
                - couldn't log in on main terminal
                - but could log in using Ctrl+Alt+3 terminal

qemuppc
        bitbake core-image-minimal
                - okay
        runqemu qemuppc
                - okay

qemux86-64
        bitbake core-image-minimal
                - okay
        runqemu qemux86-64
                - okay

I have attached a png of my qemuarm output. Right now I'm deleting its
tmp directory and trying again.

Next I want to try a "bitbake world" of all the targets to see whether
they can all succeed (they did a couple commits ago).