[yocto] core-image-sato + firefox for pandaboard

Achim Kanert achim.kanert at rwth-aachen.de
Wed Apr 10 05:39:03 PDT 2013

Davide Soldan <davide.soldan at ...> writes:

> In data giovedì 21 febbraio 2013 08:19:42, Gary Thomas ha scritto:
> > On 2013-02-21 07:52, Davide Soldan wrote:
> > > Hi to all!
> > > I'm new in building images with yocto for my pandaboard. Trying to
build core-image-sato
> (http://maniacbug.wordpress.com/2012/08/03/pandayocto/) all works fine,
but now I want to add some
> packages to this image.
> > > So proceeding like mentioned here
> https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2012-May/009175.html,
downloading
> meta-browser layer and adding this layer to build/conf/bblayers.conf and
adding the package firefox to
> conf/build/local.conf I've got this error:
> > >
> > > ERROR: No recipes available for:
> > >    /home/davide/yocto/poky-denzil-7.0/meta-browser/recipes-
gnome/gnome-settings-daemon/gnome-settings-daemon_2.32.1.bbappend
> > >    /home/davide/yocto/poky-denzil-7.0/meta-browser/recipes-
graphics/libxi/libxi_1.6.1.bbappend
> > >    /home/davide/yocto/poky-denzil-7.0/meta-browser/recipes-
support/nspr/nspr_4.9.4.bbappend

> > > So I found, for example, gnome-settings-daemon under meta-
openebedded (dependency declared in the
> README file of meta-browser). Adding the layer "meta-openembedded/meta-
gnome" to
> build/conf/bblayers.conf to satisfy the gnome-settings-daemon dependency
I've got the following
> different error:
> > >
> > > NOTE: Error expanding variable populate_packages
> > > NOTE: Error during finalise of /home/davide/yocto/poky-denzil-
7.0/meta-openembedded/meta-gnome/recipes-support/goffice/goffice_0.8.17.bb
> > > ERROR: Unable to parse /home/davide/yocto/poky-denzil-7.0/meta-
openembedded/meta-gnome/recipes-support/goffice/goffice_0.8.17.bb

> > I was able to build this combo (master, not denzil) by only importing
> > the necessary recipes, not all of meta-gnome.  I just put them in a
> > local layer.
> >
> > n.b. FireFox runs OK, but IMO [Google] Chromium is much snappier on
the PandaBoard.
> > You should be able to build it using the same setup.
> >

> Solved the problem: I downloaded the yocto denzil release from the
website (tar.gz file) but the layers
> meta-browser/openembedded-come/meta-openembedded was from git...so the
branch of this latest
> layers was master and not denzil. checking out the correct branch solved
the problem!
> Thanks!

Hi,
I am new to yocto and have the same problem.
Can you please shortly describe which recipes you added.

Regards,
Achim Kanert