[yocto] Calibrating touchscreen and the default display

Satya Swaroop Damarla swaroop.damarla at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 05:35:22 PDT 2013

Hi Guys,

I have a TSC2007 touchscree for my tegra-harmony board.... The problem is
calibration of the board.... Let me explain a bit better. I successfully
compiled a basic X11 image.

On the boot, the Linux penguins appear in the landscape mode on the
display. Is it possible to rotate so that the penguins appear in the
potrait mode? Apparently, I want to know if the Linux kernel identifies the
display as 480x800 instead of 800x480.... Now, I rotate the psplash and
also the used xrandr to rotate the display. The following is the fbset
output

mode "800x480-60"
        # D: 33.260 MHz, H: 31.496 kHz, V: 59.993 Hz
        geometry 800 480 800 960 32
        timings 30066 120 120 15 15 16 15
        accel false
        rgba 8/0,8/8,8/16,8/24
endmode

Secondly, I also want to calibrate the touchscreen. Eventhough I rotate the
touchscreen in the xorg.conf.d/10-touchscreen.conf file.. When I run
ts_calibrate, it still calibrates in landscape mode and not in potrait
mode....

I am completely blocked in this stage..... It would be great to receive
suggestions to solve these issues

Greets,
Satya