[yocto] Problem with mouse and keyboard detection in yocto (core-image-sato on emenlow)

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Mon Apr 8 02:18:22 PDT 2013

On 8 April 2013 09:42, Andreas Enbacka <aenbacka at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have experienced some problems with getting the USB mouse and keyboard
> detected in the default core-image-sato Yocto image, built for the Intel
> Emenlow machine (with emgd graphics). X launches successfully to the Sato
> desktop, but I get no response from the mouse or keyboard. When I from
> terminal execute grep -i mouse /var/log/Xorg.0.log from terminal, I get the
> following output:

Attaching the entire X log instead of grepping for phrases that you
think are relevant would be more useful - in this case the module that
X should be using for USB input is "evdev", not "mouse".  Check that
you've got the xorg evdev driver present and that the server is
the input nodes in /dev/input.

Oh, and what version of Poky  / oe-core were you using - 1.3 or master?

Ross