[yocto] This one can't be me...

Tom Zanussi tom.zanussi at intel.com
Sat Apr 6 07:00:35 PDT 2013

On Fri, 2013-04-05 at 23:48 -0500, Tom Zanussi wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-04-05 at 21:15 -0700, Paul D. DeRocco wrote:
> > > From: Tom Zanussi [mailto:tom.zanussi at intel.com]
> > >
> > > I'm seeing the same thing here (# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM is not set) with
> > > your bblayers and local.conf.  For some reason the base and
> > > standard .cfgs aren't being applied to the .config.  I'll have to dig
> > > around further as time permits over the weekend...
> >
> > Thanks, although this might be floobydust. I've nuked the _entire_ build
> > tree, included downloads, and am trying a rebuild from scratch, but that
> > will take until tomorrow morning to complete, since I'm doing the build on
> > an Atom. If it somehow solves the problem, I'll let you know, so you don't
> > waste your time chasing unicorns. But if it doesn't solve the problem, your
> > help would definitely be appreciated. I've been trying to get a build, any
> > build, to boot for a really long time now.
> >

> My guess is there's a real problem here, since I'm able to reproduce it
> with my own downloads dir and a rebuild from scratch.  Now that I have a
> reproducer, I'm pretty sure we'll be able to nail down the problem and
> at least get the kernel part right - if the kernel is missing config
> like this it just won't boot, plain and simple, so we need to get past
> that first and chances are it will be smoother sailing after that...

It looks like the problem is a bad SRCREV for the meta branch in the
-nopvr machine in the cedartrail danny tarball.  Try changing the
following line in
meta-cedartrail/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto_3.0.bbappend:

SRCREV_meta_pn-linux-yocto_cedartrail-nopvr ?= "a4ac64fe873f08ef718e2849b88914725dc99c1c"

SRCREV_meta_pn-linux-yocto_cedartrail-nopvr ?= "bf5ee4945ee6d748e6abe16356f2357f76b5e2f0"

Changing that got me a .config with the correct CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM
setting.

Tom