[yocto] GObject Introspection support for Yocto: meta-gir

Tomas Frydrych tf+lists.yocto at r-finger.com
Thu Apr 4 03:53:43 PDT 2013

Support for GObject Introspection is one of the gaping omissions in
current Yocto / OE coverage, and here at sleep(5) we thought it was time
someone took the bull by the horns and did something about it ... so
without further ado:

  https://github.com/Guacamayo/meta-gir

The repo contains a lengthy README that I shall not repeat here at
length, other than saying it's early days in terms of package coverage
(though everything needed to build core-image-sato is in place; a small
patch for oecore is in the repo), and undoubtedly there is scope for
improvement -- contributions are not only welcome, but invited.

The git repo is currently under the Guacamayo project because it was
convenient for us, but would be happy to move it to g.yp.o, if there was
impetus to do so.

Have fun,

Tomas
--