[yocto] Yocto info

Zhang, Jessica jessica.zhang at intel.com
Wed Sep 26 16:47:07 PDT 2012

Hi Joy and Kishore,

2 things you need to fix/check:

1.       Please extract your toolchain to /opt/poky, basically go to your root directory “/” and run “sudo tar –xvjf path to your toolchain tar ball”.  Extract toolchain to a user specified directory is a feature of 1.3 so your 1.2.1 toolchain won’t support it.

2.       Base on the error seems your toolchain and your target arch is mismatch, for example if your toolchain is i686-arm(host x86 32bits and target arm) and you set your target arch as i586, then it won’t work.

All the toolchain and sysroot setup is clearly documented in our ADT user manual please follow the steps list there.

Thanks,

Jessica