[yocto] 1.3_M5.rc2 status.

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Sep 26 07:39:10 PDT 2012

On Wednesday 26 September 2012 16:20:45 Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear Paul Eggleton,
> In message <2428256.OTjtN2nWn5 at helios> you wrote:
> > > Ah, OK.  Well, I decided to update meta/conf/sanity.conf to have a
> > > matching value of LAYER_CONF_VERSION, so this is solved.
> >
> > That will work, but normally you would edit conf/bblayers.conf, since
> > meta/conf/sanity.conf is part of the metadata.
>
> Well, what is the rationale for setting LAYER_CONF_VERSION=6 in
> meta-yocto/conf/distro/poky.conf, then?

The rationale is for this specific increase is this: if you previously had
meta-yocto in your existing bblayers.conf, since the reference BSP parts of
meta-yocto were split out into meta-yocto-bsp for the upcoming release, you
now need to add that layer to get the same functionality back. So we use this
mechanism to get users to do that.

> If meta layer specific values of LAYER_CONF_VERSION are allowed, the
> sanity checker needs a better way to deal with these; alternatively,
> above setting in meta-yocto/conf/distro/poky.conf is wrong.  So either
> of these should be fixed.

By "better way to deal with these", what would you suggest? I don't see any
alternative that avoids the BSP components just disappearing for users who
have existing configurations.

Cheers,
Paul

--