[yocto] 1.3_M5.rc2 status.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Sep 26 07:20:45 PDT 2012

Dear Paul Eggleton,

In message <2428256.OTjtN2nWn5 at helios> you wrote:

> > Ah, OK.  Well, I decided to update meta/conf/sanity.conf to have a
> > matching value of LAYER_CONF_VERSION, so this is solved.
>
> That will work, but normally you would edit conf/bblayers.conf, since
> meta/conf/sanity.conf is part of the metadata.

Well, what is the rationale for setting LAYER_CONF_VERSION=6 in
meta-yocto/conf/distro/poky.conf, then?

If meta layer specific values of LAYER_CONF_VERSION are allowed, the
sanity checker needs a better way to deal with these; alternatively,
above setting in meta-yocto/conf/distro/poky.conf is wrong.  So either
of these should be fixed.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Build a system that even a fool can use and only a fool will want  to
use it.