[yocto] How can I build gstreamer and its plugins without x11?

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue Sep 25 15:21:36 PDT 2012

On Tuesday 25 September 2012 23:12:12 Ross Burton wrote:
> On Tuesday, 25 September 2012 at 21:51, Chris Tapp wrote:
> > I'm trying to build gstreamer to run on a system that does not have x11
> > (for audio and to stream video). It seems as if gst-plugins-good-id3demux
> > needs x11: ...
> > ERROR: Required build target 'task-sjs' has no buildable providers.
> > Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['task-sjs',
> > 'gst-plugins-good-id3demux', 'pulseaudio', 'consolekit',
> > 'virtual/libx11']
> I'm not entirely sure why a demuxer is depending on pulseaudio, but you'll
> hit this somewhere else.
>
> pulseaudio's build dependency on consolekit is entirely spurious and I've
> fixed this in master.  pulseaudio-server then has a runtime dependency on
> consolekit which you could argue should be a recommends - in Guacamayo for
> now we're just removing that dependency as we're not using consolekit.

Hmm, I think an item that fell off my todo list was to make the gstreamer
pulseaudio dependency conditional on pulseaudio being in DISTRO_FEATURES after
I added that feature. I think we should still do that, not sure if it's too
late for the current development cycle though - at least it's not too
intrusive since pulseaudio is a backfilled feature.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton