[yocto] How can I build gstreamer and its plugins without x11?

Chris Tapp opensource at keylevel.com
Tue Sep 25 13:51:19 PDT 2012

I'm trying to build gstreamer to run on a system that does not have x11 (for audio and to stream video). It seems as if gst-plugins-good-id3demux needs x11:

NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'virtual/libx11' (but /media/SSD-RAID/poky-git/meta/recipes-support/consolekit/consolekit_0.4.5.bb DEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
ERROR: libx11-nativesdk PROVIDES virtual/libx11 but was skipped: 'x11' not in DISTRO_FEATURES
ERROR: libx11-trim PROVIDES virtual/libx11 but was skipped: 'x11' not in DISTRO_FEATURES
ERROR: libx11 PROVIDES virtual/libx11 but was skipped: 'x11' not in DISTRO_FEATURES
ERROR: libx11-diet PROVIDES virtual/libx11 but was skipped: 'x11' not in DISTRO_FEATURES
NOTE: Runtime target 'gst-plugins-good-id3demux' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['gst-plugins-good-id3demux', 'pulseaudio', 'consolekit', 'virtual/libx11']
ERROR: Required build target 'task-sjs' has no buildable providers.
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['task-sjs', 'gst-plugins-good-id3demux', 'pulseaudio', 'consolekit', 'virtual/libx11']

Is there an easy way to build gstreamer without x11? I tried removing the x11 dependency from consolekit, but I then had gtk+ fail because cairo-xlib wasn't built... (this may be due to a different gst plugin issue).

Chris Tapp

opensource at keylevel.com
www.keylevel.com