[yocto] Supported host distro updates

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Mon Sep 24 04:10:45 PDT 2012

Hi all,

With the release coming up fairly soon, it's time to look at updating our
supported distro list. Currently we have the following (in meta-
yocto/conf/distro/poky.conf):

SANITY_TESTED_DISTROS ?= " \
            Yocto (Built by Poky 7.0) 1.2 \n \
            Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS \n \
            Ubuntu 11.10 \n \
            Ubuntu 12.04 LTS \n \
            Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS \n \
            Fedora release 15 (Lovelock) \n \
            Fedora release 16 (Verne) \n \
            Fedora release 17 (Beefy Miracle) \n \
            CentOS release 5.6 (Final) \n \
            CentOS release 5.7 (Final) \n \
            CentOS release 6.2 (Final) \n \
            Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.4 (squeeze) \n \
            openSUSE 11.4 \n \
            openSUSE 12.1 \n \
	    "

I think we should drop at least Fedora 15. What do we want to do with CentOS?
I've been using 6.3 here on my build machine for some time with no ill effects.
I believe we have some interest in preserving 5.x; should we be adding 6.3 and
removing 6.2? What about the rest?

Cheers,
Paul

--