[yocto] UEFI support for Crown Bay

Sean Liming sean.liming at annabooks.com
Fri Sep 21 23:11:25 PDT 2012

Yocto=1.2

BSB = Crown Bay (Intel Atom Processor E660 with Intel Platform Controller
Hub EG20T Development Kit)

Target System= Inforce Computing, Inc. - SYS9400 Reference Platform -  VGA
output only.

UEFI only no BIOS

Base Image: core-image-minimal

Hob used to build the image

The target platform only has UEFI and doesn't have traditional BIOS. I am
able to re-configure the UEFI firmware using the BLDK application if needed.
The Crown Bay BSP doesn't include an efi loader (bootia32.efi) like Cedar
Trail BSP in the live image (hddimg). If I add the EFI boot files from Cedar
Trail live image, the USB flash disk presents the menu for boot or install.
Upon selecting boot, I can see output on the serial console, but it
eventually stops no output on the VGA monitor. I have attached the output
from the serial port.

1. Is UEFI supported with Crown Bay BSP? Is there a flag that needs to be
set like EFI = "1"?

There seems to be discussions about this back in 2011:

https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2011-November/005806.html

http://lists.linuxtogo.org/pipermail/openembedded-core/2011-November/012972.
html

2. Is it possible to setup serial console for Crown Bay? I tried the
following flags from the n450 information:

SYSLINUX_OPTS_atom-pc = "serial 0 115200"

SERIAL_CONSOLE_atom-pc = "115200 ttyS0"

APPEND_atom-pc = "console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty0"

3. There was some discussion about EMGD and X Windows issues and a possible
fix. Where can I download the latest BSP to try out?

Regards,

Sean Liming

Annabooks

Tel: 714-970-7523 / Cell: 858-774-3176