[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, September 18, 2012 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).

Liu, Song song.liu at intel.com
Tue Sep 18 11:09:43 PDT 2012

Attendees:
Denys, Jessica, Radu, Fred (Intel), Brian lloyd, AlexG, Tom, Jefro, ScottR, LaurentiuP, Nitin, BogdanM, Kevin, Mihai, Sean, Darren, Song

Minutes:

* Opens collection - 5 min (Song)
* Yocto 1.3 status  - 10 min (Song/team)
  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.3_Status

Beth/1.3_M4 status: Yesterday, restarted some infrastructure work around meta-intel. Meta-intel build for RC4 is available for QA. There was an issue causing memory leak, fixed, as of yesterday, we had  an entirely green build.  Will have AB work this weekend, need some downtime. Now we can build nightly within 5 hours. (150GB, not including meta-intel).  Beth will follow up with Matthew on Freescale testing.
Saul: master, wait for RP, first release RC this week. Will work with RP on it.
Bug fixing: congrats and thanks to the team, we resolved 44 >medium bugs in the past week. Broke our release record. The trend is certainly going to the right direction.

* Yocto 1.4 planning - 10 min (Song)
  - Feature planning: started feature planning, the wiki page is open. Please put your feature request I bugzilla. Any questions or discussion around features can either happen in the mailing list or here in this meeting. If you would like to discuss any new features for 1.4 here, please feel free to bring it up as an open or send Song email before the meeting to add it on the agenda. (https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_1.4_Features)
  - Process improvement: we have an retrospective process internally and we would like to improve our way of doing things around the Yocto Project. Please feel free to send emails to Song or the mailing list if you see anything we can do better.

* SWAT team rotation: Mihai-> Stefan Stanacar
* Opens - 10 min
  - Jefro: Yocto Project Dev Day in Barcelona, November 8. We will have a developer day at the ELCE Europe.  It's free, feel free to drop by.
  - Brian: usage concern, code churn causing issues for users to use YP. Documentation is lagging behind.
    . Saul: master is always moving. There are stable branches you can base on.
    . ScottR: we have the most updated doc on the YP website. The nature of docs are sadly always lagging, but I always try to make it up to date. We have a one combined doc file with every doc inside, it's a better way to search.
    . Brian: things that got changed between revisions/releases. Auto tools, bb classes are incorporated from oe... There are quite a few packages that don't include enough to generate right configs, etc.
Over time, increased package count, 3rd party to add on. It's hard for users to adopt as a base line. When the cutting edge has churns, we should have docs that describe what's changed and what they will break.
    .Sean: Very good feedback. Could open a bug report on this or send email to the mailing list.
    .Song: Indeed good feedback, we can tackle this from both the QA and the documentation front. Would like to see more detailed information and discussion and then take action. Looking forward to the email/report.

* Team sharing - 20 min

Beth: last week, lots of AB updates. Discussed on license manifest. There should be a much longer discussion. It won't be all in 1.3, but we are working on it now. We have blimp demo using helium. Build with Yocto. 9 feet long, 5 feet tall. Yesterday, Kevin got streaming video working, remote control working. Sometime this week, it should fly all in one package.

ScottR: Work with Tim from BMW IT, for yp Eclipse plugin, it all worked out this morning. Users who installed plugin can pull out the YP doc from the Eclipse help menu. Will push the changes today. Tim already pushed his changes. Jessica: These are independent changes, should not have any impact on other part of the system and stability.

Michael: getting account for Song. Getting access to Intel campus to help AB and other things. Working with Mentor to get eglic on YP infrastructure. Got a backup at LF, started training him. Continue automating stats for Bugzilla. More cross training, basic update on os, etc. All work I'm doing is on my Trello board. Can invite anyone who's interested. (Song signed up)