[yocto] SATO video player app

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 05:19:21 PDT 2012

Now that the Denzil branch supports the CDV 1.0.3 hardware accelerated
video driver for Cedartrail, I would like to have the Video Player app
play the mp4 videos accelerated by the hardware. The player currently
does not accelerate the video.  To play accelerated video, I need to run
gst from the command line, for example:

gst-launch filesrc location=myvideofile.mp4 ! qtdemux name=demux ! queue
! vaapidecode ! vaapisink demux. ! queue ! ffdec_aac ! alsasink.

Is there a way to configure the GUI video player to include the right
pipeline options?

Jim A