[yocto] bbappends for MESA

Chris Tapp opensource at keylevel.com
Mon Sep 17 01:09:57 PDT 2012

I want to enable glut in mesa from within a layer so I can run with an unmodified brach (e.g Denzil). All I need to do is:

1) Add the SRC_URI to mesa-7.11.inc;
2) Add a couple of LIB_DEPS, add a couple of packages and modify EXTRA_OECONF (it has --disable-glut) in mesa-common.inc

Can I do this using .bbappend files? I can see a couple of issues:

1) The SRC_URI checksum currently in mesa-7.11.inc doesn't specify a filename. I suspect this isn't going to work too well if I add a specific for the glut download. Or will the generic checksum still match against the existing (non-named) file?

2) How do I modify EXTRA_OECONF to change the --disable-glut in mesa-common to --enable-glut?

Chris Tapp

opensource at keylevel.com
www.keylevel.com