[yocto] Dependency walk for busybox recipe

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 09:09:10 PDT 2012

On 09/16/2012 07:54 AM, Khem Raj wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 10:59 AM, Elvis Dowson <elvis.dowson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> So I added busybox-1.19.4 recipe back into my poky master branch, and the resulting size of the busybox-1.19.4 /bin/busybox or /bin/sh executable is 604.2 kb.
> make sure that .config of busybox has not changed even if you have
> same version backported
I've made sure that the defconfig files used in the recipe are
identical. The only addition that I notice now, is that the recent
rework done to task-core-boot, resulting in it being renamed as
packagegroup-core-boot.bb adds the following extra line:

${@base_contains("MACHINE_FEATURES", "rtc", "busybox-hwclock", "", d)} \

My virtex5.conf machine features entry does not specify an rtc,

MACHINE_FEATURES = "kernel26 apm ext2 ext3 vfat ethernet keyboard screen
serial"

yet the current poky master attempts to pull it in:

NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'busybox-hwclock' (but
/tool/yocto/poky/meta/recipes-core/packagegroups/packagegroup-core-boot.bb
RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
NOTE: Runtime target 'busybox-hwclock' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['busybox-hwclock']
NOTE: Runtime target 'packagegroup-core-boot' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['packagegroup-core-boot',
'busybox-hwclock']
ERROR: Required build target 'core-image-minimal' has no buildable
providers.
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['core-image-minimal',
'packagegroup-core-boot', 'busybox-hwclock']

Is this a bug? Is the rtc being added from somewhere else? Should this
be happening?

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson