[yocto] [linux-yocto] 'bitbake linux-yocto' after 'bitbake linux-yocto -c compile -f' does not create image

Scott Garman scott.a.garman at intel.com
Wed Sep 12 14:59:20 PDT 2012

On 09/12/2012 01:25 PM, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 September 2012 11:22:07 Scott Garman wrote:
>> On 09/12/2012 08:06 AM, Rudolf Streif wrote:
>>> In Denil modifying kernel parameters and doing
>>>
>>> bitbake linux-yocto -c compile -f
>>> bitbake linux-yocto
>>>
>>> worked perfectly fine. The tasks after compile were rerun and the new
>>> kernel copied to tmp/deploy/images
>>>
>>> In Edison 7.0.1 this does not seem to work anymore. The tasks do not
>>> rerun and the kernel image is not deployed.
>>>
>>> What has changed? Why does it not work anymore?
>>
>> This was a bug that was introduced in 7.0.1. I have included a patch
>> series in my testing branch that is intended to go into the denzil
>> branch soon:
>>
>> d7b818b bitbake: refactor out codeparser cache into a separate class
>> 66123b9 classes/cml1: ensure -c menuconfig forces a rebuild next time
>> 5bd11a9 bitbake: bitbake: ensure -f causes dependent tasks to be re-run
>> 8b8be74 bitbake: implement checksums for local files in SRC_URI
>
> We need to be very careful which patches we backport. In particular that last
> patch 8b8be74 should not be backported - it's new functionality, requires
> support in the metadata to work, and led to several further cleanup patches
> for the metadata to avoid warnings being raised.

I agree with the need to be conservative about backporting new features
into point-releases. In this case I was given a list from someone of
which patches were needed to resolve the menuconfig issue, and I didn't
question it.

I will make a note to try removing 8b8be74 before I submit my final pull
request to denzil - this almost certainly won't happen this week due to
conference craziness.

Scott

--
Scott Garman