[yocto] [linux-yocto] 'bitbake linux-yocto' after 'bitbake linux-yocto -c compile -f' does not create image

Scott Garman scott.a.garman at intel.com
Wed Sep 12 11:22:07 PDT 2012

On 09/12/2012 08:06 AM, Rudolf Streif wrote:
> In Denil modifying kernel parameters and doing
>
> bitbake linux-yocto -c compile -f
> bitbake linux-yocto
>
> worked perfectly fine. The tasks after compile were rerun and the new
> kernel copied to tmp/deploy/images
>
> In Edison 7.0.1 this does not seem to work anymore. The tasks do not
> rerun and the kernel image is not deployed.
>
> What has changed? Why does it not work anymore?

This was a bug that was introduced in 7.0.1. I have included a patch
series in my testing branch that is intended to go into the denzil
branch soon:

d7b818b bitbake: refactor out codeparser cache into a separate class
66123b9 classes/cml1: ensure -c menuconfig forces a rebuild next time
5bd11a9 bitbake: bitbake: ensure -f causes dependent tasks to be re-run
8b8be74 bitbake: implement checksums for local files in SRC_URI

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/log/?h=sgarman/denzil-next

Scott

--
Scott Garman