[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, September 11, 2012 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).

Liu, Song song.liu at intel.com
Tue Sep 11 22:19:58 PDT 2012

Attendees:
MichaelH, Christiana, Bogdan, Christy, PaulE, Andrei, Tima, Tom, Ross, Belen, Kevin, Mark, LaurentiuP, Richard,  Andy, Bjorn, Jessica, Darren, Dave, Song

Andy: from UK, observing for any firm involvement , looking to get more information.

Agenda:

* Opens collection - 5 min (Song)
* Yocto 1.3 status  - 10 min (Song/team)
  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.3_Status
    - Bug fixing: good progress last week, 2 high M4 bugs. One is closed. The other one (2162) already has patches in review.
    - RC status/Saul: We recreated RC1 (which can be called RC2), Beth did some work on AB, worked with Jessica for adt installer, there was some issues, resolved over the weekend. We dropped RC1 and moved forward. Now working on RC2.
    - X32 progress: With recent update in the kernel, eglibc and gcc, we can now create x32 BSPs without the x32 layer, but with one simple change in kernel config. We are working to trigger the change automatically. Should be done this week or so.
    - QA: We started weekly testing this morning. The full pass testing should be done by the end of this week.
    - RP: wants to highlight the point on the schedule we're at - starting to switch from feature development to stabilization and bug fixing. If there is any big change you would like to put in, please let me know asap. We are at a point we need to concentrate on bug fixing. HOB has some good fixes.

* SWAT team rotation: Laurentiu -> Mihai
* Opens - 10 min

* Team sharing - 20 min

  - Mark: across link, some patches, arm has particular issues, if you see any prelink issue, we probably have a fix for it. We are working one meta-selinux. If you can help, let me know. Last week in LinuxCon, we already have a large number of patches for se-linux.
  - MichaelH: Worked on bugzilla, adt issues, did some work for the data center. There were some people locked out of the servers. Resolved those issue. Layers cleanup, basic information for layers, very easy to do. But make a big difference. RP/Dave: our code should be self documenting in many places such as layers.
  - RP: sstate checksum changes going in. (sorry to miss this here, Richard. Please feel free to fill in if necessary), looking for feedback. Disk clean needs to be hold off to 1.4.
  - Paul: ability to specify task and follow dependency recursively, etc.