[yocto] Creating a basic X Server image

Chris Tapp opensource at keylevel.com
Sun Sep 9 05:23:13 PDT 2012

I'm trying to create a minimal image (Denzil 7.0.1) with an X Server. I've got a new my-image.bb:

IMAGE_FEATURES = "apps-console-core x11-base apps-x11-core"

inherit core-image

This gives me an image that tries to start X, but fails because twm, xterm and xclock are not installed. What do I need to add to my .bb file to get these added to the image?

core-image.bbclass has a comment that says apps-x11-core provides X Terminal. I tried adding

IMAGE_INSTALL = "task-core-apps-x11-core" to my-image.bb but I still don't have xterm in the image.

Chris Tapp

opensource at keylevel.com
www.keylevel.com