[yocto] Autobuilder Downtime

Flanagan, Elizabeth elizabeth.flanagan at intel.com
Fri Sep 7 16:41:25 PDT 2012

All,

The autobuilder will be undergoing some unscheduled downtime this
weekend. The following items will be fixed:

1. A few emergency patches were implemented this week.
     - In order to deal with the meta-yocto-bsp layer I had to modify
how I create the bblayers.conf file. Due to our need to be backwards
compatible to prior to this change, I have a much more elegant
solution that I'm currently testing.
     - Since we now have the ability to create an adt-installer that
points to something other than the main repo, I'm now building this
out. But, again, due to backwards compatibility needs, I'm reworking
things to make sure that on builds where
       we don't have that ability, we don't do that build.

2. There has been a long standing problem with QA being unable to test
the adtrepo. I'm currently testing a change that does the following:
    - Creates an adt-installer that will point to
http://adtrepo-dev.yoctoproject.org/${SDK_VERSION}-branchname-githash/
as the ADTREPO
    - Installs the adtrepo to that point.
    - Creates a normal adt-installer for release purposes.

    This will allow QA to be able to test the ADTREPO and will ensure
that the autobuilder can in no way overwrite release artifacts.

3. Some general code cleanup (adding some of this as customizable to
autobuilder.conf)

All of this is in the middle of testing right now and the patches
should be able to go in Saturday night PDT. I'll be running builds all
day Sunday PDT and will turn of build failures for that time. The
infrastructure should be available Monday morning. Sorry for the short
notice on this all but with the churn that needed to happen this week
and with us coming into a release, this will allow us to all sleep a
little better (myself especially :) )

--
Elizabeth Flanagan
Yocto Project