[yocto] CyaSSL Yocto Recipe

Chris Conlon chris at yassl.com
Fri Sep 7 12:55:00 PDT 2012

Hi Richard,

On Sep 6, 2012, at 4:53 PM, Richard Purdie wrote:

> This looks like an interesting piece of software and a quick read
> through your webpages suggests there may be some interesting
> applications of this within OE which I'd love to explore.
>
> We are however quite careful about what goes into OE-Core and you've
> picked about the worst possible point of the cycle to have this
> discussion (just after feature freeze which was six days ago).
>
> So I certainly think this could make OE-Core but probably not in the 1.3
> release timeframe. I would also want to see some kind of demo that we
> could replace some of our openssl/gnutls usage with this too which so
> far I've not seen. There is discussion in the OE-Core archives about
> making the SSL/TLS provider selectable though so there is certainly
> interest.
>
> So I think this is a good idea, a layer is a great place to start
> experimenting and if its shown to be successful it would make the core.
> We've got to be realistic about the development process and this isn't
> going to happen overnight though (a layer is much easier/faster to start
> with).

Thanks for the notification about your feature freeze.  I do understand that it may take some time to get CyaSSL rolled into OE-Core, and I think you and Saul's suggestion of starting with a layer on GitHub is a good first step.  From there, maybe we can explore some of the interesting applications you have in mind.

Best Regards,
Chris