[yocto] CyaSSL Yocto Recipe

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Thu Sep 6 15:14:41 PDT 2012

On 09/06/2012 02:59 PM, Chris Conlon wrote:
> Adding a direct link to the CyaSSL recipe file for review:
>
> www.yassl.com/files/yocto/cyassl_2.3.0.bb
> <http://www.yassl.com/files/yocto/cyassl_2.3.0.bb>

Chris,

On initial inspection of this recipe it looks OK, what package/libraries
does it provide?  Are they the same as the openssl package?

You may need RCONFLICTS_${PN} and/or RPROVIDES_${PN}, where the ${PN}
may need to be the package names in openssl, I need to check that.

I would suggest that initially you make this available as a standard
layer, possibly called meta-cyassl, it could be hosted on GitHub. You
can add it to the OpenEmbedded Layer Index. See
http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/LayerIndex

Distributions that want to use this instead of OpenSSL can then use your
layer and select your recipe, if it's setup correctly it will provide
what they need.

I hope this is helpful in moving things forward for you.

Sau!
Yocto Project Component Wrangler
aka Yocto Project User Space Architect