[yocto] opengl / libgl / libgles

Andrei Gherzan andrei at gherzan.ro
Thu Sep 6 03:00:52 PDT 2012

Hello,

In DISTRO_FEATURES we have opengl. That is pretty vague and generally we
don't want to have mesa on machines where there is no libgl but only gles +
egl. For example if we want to compile something that adds a DEPENDS based
on DISTRO_FEATURE opengl, this dependency will be added even if there is no
libgl implemented for that specific machine.

First idea would be that opengl (gl / gles) are machine related. On the
other hand opengl can be a DISTRO_FEATURE as we have a software
implementation - mesa.

How would you guys see a solution for this? The idea that came into my mind
was to map opengl to libgl or libgles. Or to both if there is the case.

ag