[yocto] how to add a new environment in poky

Wangdawei kyle.wangdawei at huawei.com
Tue Sep 4 20:15:47 PDT 2012

Hi
         I need to add a new environment that LD_LIBRARY_PATH when I use my own external toolchain .
         I add 1 line in external-toolchain.inc "LD_LIBRARY_PATH =. "${EXTERNAL_TOOLCHAIN}/i586-target-linux-gnu/lib:"",but there is no effect.when I used this toolchain to compile , there also isn't this value , so I want to ask how to add a environment in poky ? the run.compile.xxx script can get the value ?

thanks & rgds