[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, September 04, 2012 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).

Liu, Song song.liu at intel.com
Wed Sep 5 11:31:33 PDT 2012

Sorry for the late. Forgot to hit the sent button yesterday.

Attendees:
Alex, MichaelH, Cristian, Darren, Tom, LaurentiuP, Nitin, Bjorn, BogdanM, Bruce, Sean, Dave, Paul, Saul, Richard, LaurentiuS, Cristiana, Ross, ScottR

Agenda:

* Opens collection - 5 min (Song)
* Yocto 1.3 status  - 10 min (Song/team)
  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.3_Status

 - Congratulations to the team on 3 things:
   1.  1.3 feature complete is reached. We completed all high features except those we have moved from high to medium+, a significant portion of all features (218.1/432.6 =  50%) have been completed so far. We will review all medium+ features left on the schedule. Now we should focus on bug fixing.
   2. Consistent performance improvement: M1:115, M2:93, M3:83, about 28% reduction on build time.
   3. Bug fixing trend is going to the right direction for the past 3 weeks.

 - Master status: Saul, doing MUT, Richard pulled pretty much everything into master. There was an issues with eglibc not building correctly. With Paul's change there is a tool chain issue. Might do a quick pull into master for the fix. Might deferring some patches, we will look into patches more carefully.

* SWAT team rotation: Ross -> Laurentiu Palcu. Thanks, Laurentiu!
* Opens - 10 min
  ScottR: bug talking about a better example for BSP development manual for the appendix. Darren: maybe we can use the giveaway board. RP: makes sense. Song: good idea
* Team sharing - 20 min

Paul: sent out package group changes, renaming, task recipes, fixing some nasty issues at the same time. Should be reasonably smooth changes. If you know any issues, please let me know and I'll get them fixed quickly. RP: right direction, these issues have been talked about for some time. Now we got them in. Really appreciate the work.

RP: LinuxCon last week, announced a compliance program: 2 levels: one is participant, the other is YP compatible. Encourage anyone to look at the criteria on the first level. YP compatible has more strict criteria.  Some other changes, nativesdk work went in. experimentation for ssate work. Tricky to get the code right. If anyone wants to be involved, please talk to me.

Michael: Had some connectivity issues this week. LinuxCon was very good. This week, eclipse plugin to build on AB. Working on the bugzilla stats. Patch work, code review a set of python scripts to allow monitoring and track patches on a web page. RP: we are experimenting now, doing evaluation, no decisions to use it yet.