[yocto] yocto beagleboard.conf -- should it not go away?

Tomas Frydrych tf+lists.yocto at r-finger.com
Mon Sep 3 13:06:30 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am wondering why yocto includes a beagleboard.conf when it is unable
to support much of the board's features, and there is a dedicated layer
for TI stuff that defines the beagleboard machine properly.

I actually have a fairly practical gripe here: it is currently not
possible to include both meta-yocto and meta-ti, and have it use the
correct beagleboard.conf from meta-ti! The meta-yocto layer prepends
itself to the BBPATH while meta-ti appends itself, so regarless the
layer arrangement, the (not-much-useful) yocto beagleboard.conf is
always used, and everything is broken. The only way to work around this
that I can think of is to provide yet another beagleboard.conf from a
custom layer that also preppends itself to the BBPATH, which feels like
three sides of a square route.

So, is there a good reason not to get rid of yocto beagleboard.conf?

Tomas