[yocto] Disguising Yocto sysroot as Code Sourcery tool chain

Patrick Turley PatrickTurley at gamestop.com
Wed Oct 31 09:16:12 PDT 2012

We have a piece of software that is normally built with a Code Sourcery tool chain. We want to build it with a Yocto-produced tool chain instead.

The shortest (though admittedly "hackiest") path to success may be to create a file tree that *looks* like a Code Sourcery tool chain, but is actually populated with executables and other files from a Yocto sysroot.

I thought it worthwhile to ask this mailing list and see if anyone else has done anything similar (Google turned up nothing).

If you have anything to share about your experiences, I would be very grateful.