[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, October 30, 2012 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).

Liu, Song song.liu at intel.com
Tue Oct 30 17:11:02 PDT 2012

Attendees:
Nitin, Ioana, Constantin, David Wolfe (Magneti Marelli), AlexP, MichaelH, Saul, AlexD, Cristian, Jessica, PaulE, BogdanM, MihaiL, Nitin, Tom, ScottG, ScottR, Ross, Mark, Kevin, JeffP, BruceA, Saul, BrianR, ChrisL, Saul, BjornS (Enea),

Minutes:

* Opens collection - 5 min (Song)
* Yocto 1.4 planning & status - 20 min (Song/team)
  - 1.4 schedule is out on Google calendar: same milestone structure, 4 development weeks followed by 2-3 stabilization weeks. 6 milestones, the last milestone is the stabilization week.(https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/YoctoCalendar) Please review and let me know if there is any questions or concerns.
  - Feature planning: RP/Dave working on it, expected to be done by the end of this week.
  - 1.2.2 status/ScottG:
    it's a good time to focus on a new denzil release now. Targeting the end of this year as the final release day. We have 18 open bugs for 1.2.2. We will take a look at these bugs. Some of these are carried over from 1.2.1. Some of them will get fixed, some of them may not. A branch for this release is already in git. People can take a look and see what fixes are in.
  - 1.3.1 planning/Ross:
    I'm this stable release maintainer. If anyone have some patches, please do say so. No new features, just security and fixes are expected to be in this point release.
  - master status/Saul:
        . Master is good, some failures, they are being looked at, Nitin did a triage. Conman problem could be just a timing issue.
        . Both RP and Saul are traveling, next week is ELCE, pull request handling will slow down a little bit due to this.

* SWAT team rotation: Nitin -> Paul

* Opens - 10 min
  - Mark: RPM and SMART -- RFC was sent to the list . Sent out RFC to oe mailing list. Previously sent out to some technical people and got some feedback. I have not received any feedback from mailing list yet. If you are interested, please do respond.
    . Have a branch, initial infrastructure working, hopefully to send out RPM changes today. Bug fixing and image generation after that. Discussion is going on regarding whether we move it to meta-oe. Some people would like to use yum, suggest them to move to meta-oe too.

* Team Sharing - 20 min
 - Nitin: gstreamer upstream. Ross to send Nitin email on the status
 - Saul: wiki page for bug reporting template including testing/build environment. a general plea to the community. capturing log for bugs. There is already a bug open for similar issue (1562). Will add the link for bug openers to see this information.
 - Jessica: we are introducing new fields in Bugzilla: type of regression. Another way to track and monitoring the quality of this project.
 - MichaelH: worked on the new website. Hoping to launch by ELCE. No network or timeout issues since last week. Let me know if there is any issues. Bugzilla attachment size is increased to 150MB.