[yocto] Ubuntu 10.04 don't support mirror option with parameter

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Oct 24 10:02:57 PDT 2012

On Wednesday 24 October 2012 18:30:12 Stefan Herbrechtsmeier wrote:
> the git version of Ubuntu 10.04 is to old to support mirror option with
> parameter which is used by the bitbake fetch2.
>
> Regards,
>    Stefan
>

> DEBUG: ... git remote add --mirror=fetch origin
> git://git.yoctoproject.org/opkg-utils
> ERROR: Fetcher failure: Fetch command failed with exit code 129, output:
> error: option `mirror' takes no value
>
>      -f, --fetch           fetch the remote branches
>      -t, --track <branch>  branch(es) to track
>      -m, --master <branch>
>                            master branch
>      --mirror              no separate remotes

Which version of the build system are you using? In master and the upcoming
danny / 1.3 release we have a check in the bitbake wrapper script to determine
if a newer version of git needs to be built (if the host's version of git is
older than 1.7.5); if so we build one (git-replacement-native). The denzil /
1.2 release does not have this, however.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton