[yocto] AUTOREV problems

Jerrod Peach peachj at lexmark.com
Mon Oct 22 05:46:55 PDT 2012

Seth,

Like Tomas said, it's hard to say for sure without seeing the recipe in
question, but I know one way this could happen: AUTOREV, by itself, does
not permute your hash.  It ends up just resolving to the string "AUTOINC"
every time.  You *also *need the SRCPV variable somewhere in your recipe,
as it will contain the real revision the was retrieved from version
control.  I believe the normal way to use SRCPV is as follows:

PV = "<vcs>-<version>-${SRCPV}"

For example:

PV = "svn-1.0.0-${SRCPV}"

If you aren't using SRCPV, your hash won't permute, and you won't rebuild.

The reason for this behavior isn't obvious off-hand, but I suspect it's so
you can set AUTOREV for a specific package in local.conf and not force half
the world to get reparsed every time a revision updates.

Kind regards,

Jerrod