[yocto] Problem genrerating module autoloading commands

Marc Ferland ferlandm at sonatest.com
Thu Oct 18 08:13:13 PDT 2012

Hi,

I'm having trouble generating the module auto-loading instructions in
/etc for one of my modules. I have already many modules that all work
fine, but for some reason this one does not get listed in /etc/modules
nor /etc/modules-load.d.

The only thing that distinguishes this module from the other ones is that
it has the same name has the MACHINE and layer. So basically I have
something like:

build/conf/local.conf:
MACHINE = foo

poky/meta-foo/conf/machine/foo.conf:
module_autoload_foo = "foo"

The module gets built correctly and is included in the images. Running
'modprobe foo' works as intended on the target hardware.

Did I fall in some edge case?

Regards,

Marc