[yocto] How to avoid re-creating a recipe (+my meta-bucket approach)

Tim O'Callaghan tocallaghan at meyn.com
Wed Oct 17 01:39:36 PDT 2012

Hi,

After seeing the lmsensors thread float by I thought it about time I started the discussion on how people manage to avoid re-inventing recipes, and to get the ball rolling, I thought I would describe mine.

As I do not have the any idea what recipes may be kicking about, I devised what I call the meta-bucket approach. It is pretty simple, I have a script that clones every existing OE/Yocto repository I know about into one easily grep-able place[1].

The to the main question, how are others managing this?

Best regards,

Tim.
[1] https://github.com/timoc/meta-bucket