[yocto] Multiple partitions in drive image

Jonathan Haws Jonathan.Haws at sdl.usu.edu
Fri Oct 12 14:42:11 PDT 2012

What I am trying to do is have Poky build me an image that I can just 'dd' to a SSD and hook up to the system to boot.  Since that image will also only be only ~250MB or so, I would like to have Poky generate an image containing multiple partitions - a small one containing the boot files, then the rest of the image dedicated to storage.  Is that possible?

Is there a better way to go about this?  Once I have my images built (hddimg, ext3, cpio.gz, iso) how are those typically put onto a disk drive for use on hardware?  Most BSPs I have looked at use 'dd', but I am guessing there is a better way...

Thanks!
Jonathan