[yocto] Writable root filesystem - disable automount of drives

Jonathan Haws Jonathan.Haws at sdl.usu.edu
Fri Oct 12 14:25:08 PDT 2012

I am probably going about this the wrong way, but I am trying to create a new BSP for an Intel Core2 Duo PC104 board (from ADL-USA, the ADLGS45 to be exact).  I have the BSP and everything working (or so it appears) and I have checked the kernel configuration.  So far I have not had any issues - Poky builds the base and minimal images perfectly.

However, where do I go from here?  I used 'dd' to dump the generated ISO image to a SATA SSD and I hooked that up and the system booted just fine - however I have a couple of problems:

1. The root filesystem is read-only - I would like it to be writable (especially since I cannot start SSH because the initscripts cannot generate the SSH keys on boot).

2. I would like to prevent the system from automatically trying to mount every drive it detects.  I would like it to create devices for any disks attached to the system, but stop there.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Jonathan