[yocto] Meta Intel / Cedartrail / Denzil - how to get unionfs in the kernel

Chris Tapp opensource at keylevel.com
Sun Oct 7 14:08:53 PDT 2012

On 7 Oct 2012, at 03:00, Saxena, Rahul wrote:

> Try adding the unionfs feature (below) to your kernel:
>
> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/linux-yocto-3.0/tree/meta/cfg/kernel-cache/features/unionfs?h=meta
>
> create a file my_cedartrail.scc with following line:
> include features/unionfs/unionfs.scc
>
> put this file in a dir linux-yocto, the dir being created in
>
> meta-cedartrail/recipes-kernel/linux
>
> add following line in  meta-cedartrail/recipes-kernel/Linux/linux-yocto_3.0.bbappend
>
> SRC_URI +="file://my_cedartrail.scc"

Thanks - I thought just running 'menuconfig' would allow me to enable it (for a quick test).

However, this still doesn't seem to be working. I can see that 'my_cedartrail.scc' gets fetched in to the build area, but I still don't see CONFIG_UNION_FS if I run 'menuconfig'. There is also no 'unionfs' folder in fs/ of the build tree.

Also, if I specify an invalid feature (e.g. feature2/unionfs/unionfs.scc) I'm not seeing any diagnostic.